You are here
Monthly Family Activity Ideas
Activities to Do
- Find 10 red things in your house.
- Demonstrate how to properly wash your hands with your child.
- Measure your child’s height and weight.
- Have your child pick music for both of you to dance to.
- Have your child make a sandwich.
- Cook an apple recipe.
- Trace your child’s bare foot and hand. Save them to compare at the end of the year.
- Wear something red.
Things to Talk About
- Talk about feelings.
- Talk about what makes your child’s school special.
- Tell your child what makes them special.
- Talk about your child’s favorite thing at school.
- Talk about the change in the weather from summer to fall.
Out and About
- Look for shapes at the grocery store.
- Look for colors while driving in the car.
- Have your child find 10 red things.
- Check out a book from the library about fall.
- Collect leaves on a nature walk.
Family and Friends
- Talk about first and last names and name off some family members.
- Arrange a play date with a friend from school.
- Draw a picture for a favorite friend or family member.