You are here
Volunteering With Learning Exchange
Our learners with developmental disabilities need your assistance to get the most out of community education classes structured specifically for them. Classes in cooking, crafts, performing arts, self-development topics and more are held Monday through Thursday evenings during the school year in Bloomington, Eden Prairie, Edina, and Richfield. Occasionally, classes are held on select weekends. Classes need from one to six volunteers, depending on the activity. Click the AR&LE catalog button below and see the Learning Exchange activities toward the back of the catalog.
Being a Learning Exchange volunteer means flexibility, friendship and fun.
As a volunteer, you start with a brief training so you know what to expect and how to comfortably work with the learners.
- Flexibility means that single-session classes are 1 to 1 1/2 hours long, and you can sign up at the beginning of each quarter to help with as few or as many as fit your schedule.
- Friendship means that you’ll get to know people. You can sign up alone or with a friend or a spouse to volunteer. You are likely to get to know participants, teachers and other volunteers the more that you volunteer. We could not offer these classes without volunteers like you!
- Fun means just that! Current volunteers look forward to classes and the interesting activities.
Interested? Fill out and return the Volunteer Application, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail: Learning Exchange; 2575 West 88th St. #340; Bloomington, MN 55431 or fax: 952-681-6171 (call 952-681-6121 to let us know if you send a fax.)
We will email you a link to on-line training to complete at your convenience. Call us at 952-681-6121 or email email@example.com to discuss any questions. You’ll be so glad you did!
- Click here to view the spring & summer 2019 catalog
- Click here for directions to Learning Exchange spring & summer 2019 classes
2575 West 88th St. #340
Bloomington, MN 55431
Main Phone: 952-681-6109