You are here
GED Test Preparation Classes
Important News about GED Day Classes
Daytime GED classes are now held at Normandale Community College. Classes will be held in Room C1105 at Normandale Community College, 9700 France Ave S, Bloomington 55431,
Monday - Thursday, 8:45 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Please call 952-681-6170 to make a registration appointment.
What is the GED?
- GED stands for General Education Development.
- The GED tests measure knowledge of science, social studies, math, reading, and writing.
- When all GED tests are passed, the certification can be used in place of a high school diploma for applying to jobs or colleges.
- GED Preparation Information Sheet
How can Metro South help me get a GED?
- Metro South offers preparation for the GED tests.
- Students work independently at their own pace with the guidance of an instructor.
- Metro South provides study materials and practice tests.
- Students must be at least 17 years old.
- Students must take a reading test at registration.
- If the test score is not met, a student will be offered an alternative class to improve their reading skills.
- $25 materials fee due at enrollment.
- Monday through Thursday 8:45 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Class held at:
Normandale Community College
9700 France Ave S.
in Room C1105.
- Monday & Wednesday 4:30 p.m. - 7:15 p.m.
- Class held at Bloomington Campus
2575 W. 88th Street, Bloomington, MN 55431
- Students must attend at least 3 hours per week to stay enrolled in the class.
- Some students qualify to study online using Plato or the i-Pathways program.
How can I sign up for classes?
- Please call 952-681-6170 to make an appointment.